I just applied for Healthy Kids. Who will contact me and when?
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) processes the applications and should contact you within 45 days from the date you requested and/or submitted your application.
If you do not receive anything after 45 days, please call the OHP Statewide Processing Center at 1.800.699.9075 to inquire about the status of your application.
My children are now enrolled in Healthy Kids. Who do I contact if I have questions about what services are covered or how to find a doctor?
- No-cost option OHP Client Services at 1.800.273.0557
- Low-cost option KidsConnect at 1.888.260.4555
- Full-cost option KidsConnect at 1.888.260.4555
Which medical providers are under the Healthy Kids plan and what benefits are included?
All children enrolled in the plan will have a health coverage card and will gain access to services from the provider network on the plan for which they are enrolled. The benefit books that list providers and benefits are included below.
- No-cost option Oregon Health Plan Handbook
- Low-cost option Healthy KidsConnect Handbooks
- Full-cost option Healthy KidsConnect Handbooks
Do I have to be unemployed for my children to get Healthy Kids?
No. Eligibility is based on age, residency and income. The child or teen must be under the age of 19, live in Oregon and be a legal resident. Family income will determine if a child qualifies for the no-cost, low-cost or full-cost option. Please note that the program is for uninsured children although there are exceptions.
How long does coverage last and can I reapply?
Coverage lasts for one full year. You should receive a letter in the mail letting you know that your coverage will be ending and that you should update certain information on your application in order to reapply. If you have not received a letter please call 1-877-314-5678.
What happens when my child turns 19?
Before your child's 19th birthday, have your child fill out an OHP Standard Application. Have them note on the application that they are currently on the Healthy Kids program and would like to continue receiving coverage as an adult. Your child should not be put on the OHP waiting list.
What if I’m pregnant?
Pregnant women who are eligible for the Oregon Health Plan (women who make no more than $20,000 per year as an individual and up to $40,000 as a family of four) may be eligible for coverage that extends through their pregnancy and the following 2 months after birth. Their expected child may also be eligible for automatic coverage beginning at birth.
If possible, we suggest that you work with an Oregon MothersCare (OMC) staff member so that your application is processed quickly. OMC also offers free pregnancy testing and can help provide you with proof of pregnancy you need for the application. To find the OMC site nearest you, visit the Oregon MothersCare website or dial 2-1-1 and ask to be connected with your local OMC site.
- I just applied for Healthy Kids. Who will contact me and when?
- My children are now enrolled in Healthy Kids. Who do I contact if I have questions about what services are covered or how to find a doctor?
- Which medical providers are under the Healthy Kids plan and what benefits are included?
- Do I have to be unemployed for my children to get Healthy Kids?
- How long does coverage last and can I reapply?
- What happens when my child turns 19?
- What if I’m pregnant?